Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good HDTV DVB-S receiver

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

What would be the best one to get? just a plain old receiver now no fancy DVR DVD recorder shizzle. I'm using a cheap old SDTV one from maplin but it crashes every now and then. it will do for now but it isn't the best.

do the free to air HDTV channels have any copy protection on them? right now if i want to record a thing I just use a DVD recorder + scart lead. don't really care about having access to paid channels. paying to watch TV is overrated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

It depends on your budget and requirements. If you intend only watching material from 28E, look at Humax Foxsat which works with the Freesat EPG. If you want to take advantage of DTT as well, then the combo units such as Clarke Tech 5000, Technomate 6900 or Mvision HD200. If you're on a budget, then look for Fortec Passion or Comag HD-S.

Advertisement