Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get my deposit back..help!!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Ok im new to this so bear with.....

Me and my GF paid a deposit on a house in August to secure it for the college year,but lets jus say **1t happened,and she cant live here with me now.....
    Wev also paid one months rent that brings us to the 15th of Sept.(wev have nev stayed in d hse yet)

Since im guna be on my own, i cant afford the rent and have to pull out. I notified the LandLord and he wasnt happy .I have given him 21days notice.....
    Sooo do you reckon im entilted to my deposit back,and if so what legal points should i bring to the table that might help my case....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

you dont really have any legal points to bring to the table.

you are not entitled to your deposit back.

if i was the landlord id give it back to you if i got the place rented within the timeframe you were moving in by.

other than that, its going to cover the time that i dont have tenants in, well at least the first month...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

have you signed a lease for a specified period yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Be as polite as possible to the landlord when asking him about the deposit. Take careful note of what he says about it. If he says that he won't give it back go to your Student's Union and ask for help. They should be able to talk to him on your behalf or at least advise you on how to proceed and what your rights are.

Do you have a receipt for the deposit?

Advertisement