Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Loaghaire to South Circular

Options
  • 25-08-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm starting college after work in Griffith (junction Sth Circular and N81(Clanbrassill St)) tomorrow and need to get from work in Dun Laoghaire.

Public transport is plainly out as there is nothing remotely direct, nor direct back home after.

I will be driving (since it'll be quicker to work also than the bus I get now). Am planning on heading straight in N11 and left up Adelaide rd just after canal, accross Harcourt, up Harrington st to Sth Circular.

Just wondering if thats the best option at 5.30-6pm. Am coming against traffic up N11 but after that not so sure...

Cutting up to Ranelagh Rd, Rathmines Rd or N81 at some point any better:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would go down the canals and take the Doneybrook exit travel out the Stillorgan road and turn down Newtown park Ave, It is 6 of one travelling south side on any route,I.E You will be hit at rogue black spots no matter which route you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hi Guys,

I'm starting college after work in Griffith (junction Sth Circular and N81(Clanbrassill St)) tomorrow and need to get from work in Dun Laoghaire.

Public transport is plainly out as there is nothing remotely direct, nor direct back home after.

I will be driving (since it'll be quicker to work also than the bus I get now). Am planning on heading straight in N11 and left up Adelaide rd just after canal, accross Harcourt, up Harrington st to Sth Circular.

Just wondering if thats the best option at 5.30-6pm. Am coming against traffic up N11 but after that not so sure...

Cutting up to Ranelagh Rd, Rathmines Rd or N81 at some point any better:confused:

Adelaide Road goes between slow and stationary at that time of the evening; tailbacks to turn on here can go back to Leeson Park on bad days; going via Rathmines isn't any better unless you know some of it's back road shortcuts. Driving this way also meets a bottleneck at Kelly's Corner, SCR beyond Harrington Street and Leonard's Corner. Going by the canal is a definite NO NO. I could show you one or two other local rat runs but again you need to know where you are going to chance it.

The best I can suggest to you beyond getting a 46A and walking (circa 20 minutes from Leeson Street and more practical than you may think) is to turn onto Adelaide Road via Hatch Street thus saving you about 5-10 minutes; after that your at the mercy of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭trellheim

Adelaide road usually jams eastbound in the evening and sometimes westbound.

A possible alternative might be onwards Leeson St->Cuffe St->Kevin St->turn left onto Clanbrassil St, then right at Leonards' Corner, although traffic on Clanbrassil St may be heavy [ but so will the traffic on the canal and the SCR ] - it's a tossup

Advertisement