Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Park West in the morning

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for opinions on the quickest route from Maynooth to Park West tomorrow morning, to arrive at 7.40 am.

Looking at Google maps, doesn't look like Park West Avenue connects with the M4 (even though the place where I am going has shown me a map that suggests otherwise-via Cloverhill Rd.-is this a recent development not picked up by Google maps?)

My plan is to take M4 to Liffey Valley-Fonthill Road-Lucan/Newlands Road-9th Lock Road-Nangor Road-Park West Ave.

Leaving myself an hour to do it.

Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The Cloverhill Road way would be quicker but as I don't use the road at that time of morning I can't say by how much. The Nangor Rd can be busy, but it hasn't been nearly so bad in the summer months.

Basically you need to go round the back of Liffey Valley (left turn at the roundabout where a right turn takes you into a retail park containing Power City and Homebase), then follow the road thru lights and one roundabout until you come to a set of lights with a right turn up the Cloverhill Road - it is the next set of lights after the ones that have the fitness centre on the RHS of the road. Go left at the roundabout at the end of the Cloverhill Road and then drive over a series of speed bumps down to a large roundabout which is the entrance to the office park (or whereever you are going).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The Cloverhill Road way would be quicker but as I don't use the road at that time of morning I can't say by how much. The Nangor Rd can be busy, but it hasn't been nearly so bad in the summer months.

Basically you need to go round the back of Liffey Valley (left turn at the roundabout where a right turn takes you into a retail park containing Power City and Homebase), then follow the road thru lights and one roundabout until you come to a set of lights with a right turn up the Cloverhill Road - it is the next set of lights after the ones that have the fitness centre on the RHS of the road. Go left at the roundabout at the end of the Cloverhill Road and then drive over a series of speed bumps down to a large roundabout which is the entrance to the office park (or whereever you are going).

That's the way I'd go myself. An hour should be more than enough. It may only take 30mins because of the school holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I do Celbridge to Park West every morning and return every evening.

The route anotherlostie suggests is fine and indeed the best route.

At the moment ( school holidays ) it takes 20 mins at 06:30 . Since the change at the Newcastle lights on the N4 this has helped a lot.

At the time you suggest it may be quite busy down the Fonthill Rd, but don't be tempted to cut through Liffey Valley SC , because the lights at the big Gym ( B&Q ) has a horrible queue of people turning left towards town .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Left the house at 6.40 and was there soon after 7 taking the Cloverhill route as suggested (Google maps me arse...).

Cheers!

Advertisement