Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Grr

Options
  • 25-08-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭

Apparently there was a fault in the traffic lights around St Stephens Green this evening that caused a massive snarl up in the city centre. It took me 35 minutes to get from Earlsfort Terrace to Dawson St (I abandoned ship and walked to Connolly to complete my journey).

1.4km/h

RTCC said they were working to fix it and the Gardai couldn't be everywhere but the total Garda presence (that I saw) was one solitary motorcyclist at Beresford place not achieving very much.

What a joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

I know the feeling, I used to go to college in town. Traffic is bad enough in there without something like that happening! At least it's done & dusted now - have a breather and do something that relaxes you! You'll be de-stressed/less annoyed in no time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

time to get out the old bikes:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

time to get out the old bikes:D

If it was safe I'd try and cycle to work but its to dangerous.

Was it a power failure or something?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

kearnsr wrote: »
    If it was safe I'd try and cycle to work but its to dangerous.

I think that's more perception than anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

monument wrote: »
    I think that's more perception than anything.

From what I've seen I wouldnt say so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The danger is half the fun when cycling through Dublin, it's a good rush :D

Unfortunately I can't avoid being in the traffic a lot of the time with my van. One bank holiday Friday it took me about 20 minutes to go 200metres:mad:

cormie wrote: »
    The danger is half the fun when cycling through Dublin, it's a good rush :D

Unfortunately I can't avoid being in the traffic a lot of the time with my van. One bank holiday Friday it took me about 20 minutes to go 200metres:mad:

Thats why 99% of the time I get the train these days. Hate driving in town

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

kearnsr wrote: »
    From what I've seen I wouldnt say so

What have you seen, misses or near misses or what?

monument wrote: »
    What have you seen, misses or near misses or what?

People been knocked over, near misses, people walking out infront of people on bikes stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lovely stuff ... it's proof we don't even need a massive toll plaza to bring gridlock to our city - all we need is some traffic lights that are broken in the city centre. Love it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement