Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming society.

Options
  • 25-08-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hey can any committe members of your college's Gaming society please contact me about inter socs events between our colleges.

Treasurer D.I.T Gamesoc

ditgamesoc@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Will do :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I might be doing a phd here, what does your games soc get up to? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

can i have a list of games you guys play please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I'm gonna stalk you Tar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh great, YOU go there.

Hi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

http://games.dcu.ie

Lot of info realted to DCU Gaming Society there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What a well designed website, I wonder who did that. ^.^

Someone with clear amazing skillz. I hear it won and award and stuff...

>_>

<_<

I might be doing a phd here, what does your games soc get up to? :)

A lot.

Every week we have console gaming on a Wednesday (360's, PS3, Wii, Gamecubes, Rock Band, Guitar Hero) and Lab (PC) Gaming on a Thursday evening (CS, Day of Defeat, Quake 3, Starcraft, Trackmania... lots more i cant think of).

We a hold a LAN each semester and run a CounterStrike Source & ET: Quake Wars server, although the games on the server rotate depending on what games members tend to play online.

This year we merged with another society, STOCS (traditional gaming like rpg's, war/card games), and now hold a traditional gaming night every Monday and Wednesday.

So we got 4 events on every week and loads of tournaments, lans and trips throughout the year... we like rock and stuff.

/pimpage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for that, don't be surprised to see me turning up on your doorstep next September :)

• Advertisement

robby^5 wrote: »
    A lot.

Every week we have console gaming on a Wednesday (360's, PS3, Wii, Gamecubes, Rock Band, Guitar Hero) and Lab (PC) Gaming on a Thursday evening (CS, Day of Defeat, Quake 3, Starcraft, Trackmania... lots more i cant think of).

We a hold a LAN each semester and run a CounterStrike Source & ET: Quake Wars server, although the games on the server rotate depending on what games members tend to play online.

This year we merged with another society, STOCS (traditional gaming like rpg's, war/card games), and now hold a traditional gaming night every Monday and Wednesday.

So we got 4 events on every week and loads of tournaments, lans and trips throughout the year... we like rock and stuff.

/pimpage
    nyom nyom, should I come I'll get you into dota too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Oh great, YOU go there.

Oh, why that's somewhat like what I was thinking when I seen your last post! :p

nyom nyom, should I come I'll get you into dota too.

See location for details. :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Is COD4 played at all?

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Is COD4 played at all?

Yup it's played on the PS3 at our console events and we play it on PC at our lans ... we'll always consider putting it on our server should there be interest.

Advertisement