Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where's a good deciduous forest in Dublin/Wicklow?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Very generalish post here.
    But basically i'm hoping someone may have recommendations for me.
    Where might i find old(ish) deciduous forest in counties Dublin and Wicklow?
    No pines please!
    I am looking for particular species of plants (ivy) and I find it in wild deciduous forest. I find forest that's been "manicured" (taken care of?) is generally not good as the ivy is sometimes killed off.
    Ivy doesn't prefer conferious trees so pine forests are generally a waste of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Kenn sprinter

Deputy's pass near Glenealy and Clara Vale outside Rathdrum should be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Knocksink Woods near Enniskerry http://www.knocksinkwood.org/welcome.php, Devil's Glen near Ashford, the Glen of the Downs nature reserve (lots of oaks) just off the N11 past Kilmacanogue, and there are some old parts of forest above the lower lake at Glendalough on the lower slopes of Camaderry.

Advertisement