Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbing?

Options
  • 25-08-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what qualifications you need to sub r even just supervise as a sub..(like subs in my secondary who basically just sit n do nothing).. Do u need just a degree r what is the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There are quite a few threads on this subject scattered around this forum. If you do a quick search, you should be able to find answers to your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MFLST

I'm a PME primary but have an undergrad in French and German. Could I sub for second level considering there is a shortage of MFL teachers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

Iano2K8 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me what qualifications you need to sub r even just supervise as a sub..(like subs in my secondary who basically just sit n do nothing).. Do u need just a degree r what is the story?

Are you for real?? You must be a qualified secondary school teacher to sub. Please do not undermine my profession by thinking that subbing can be done by anyone off the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

janes1234 wrote: »
    Are you for real?? You must be a qualified secondary school teacher to sub. Please do not undermine my profession by thinking that subbing can be done by anyone off the street.

Janes this a ten year old thread that's been reopened. OP you could register under further education for post primary subbing just with your degree but if you have a primary teaching council number , get your cv in to the post primary schools quick !

Advertisement