Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to St. Stephen's Green

Options
  • 25-08-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Wondering if anyone can help?

I'm used to the train but a change of office means I have to change my commuting plans. I've been told that there's buses from Maynooth into Dawson Street/St. Stephen's Green area and wondering if anyone can help...

If so which one is best? 66x, 66 or 67A...??? How long do they take generally?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

AngelAine wrote: »

I'm used to the train but a change of office means I have to change my commuting plans. I've been told that there's buses from Maynooth into Dawson Street/St. Stephen's Green area and wondering if anyone can help...

I get teh 66x from Louisa Bridge. Takes about 40mins when I get in the mornign the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AngelAine

And where does it drop you off??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭markpb

Why not keep on getting the train and get off at Pearse? It's only a 5 minute walk from Dawson St.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I usually get off at Trinity College but I think it stops on Dawson Street and Lesson Street (and possible inbetween)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

AngelAine wrote: »

The 66X would be the best option if you need to take the bus.

There are departures from Straffan Road at 0715 and 0735, and another at 0728 from Cluain Aoibhinn which operates via the M4 bypassing Leixlip.

The 66X will drop you at Bachelor's Walk, D'Olier Street, Grafton Street, Nassau Street, Kildare Street, Merrion Row before continuing along Baggot Street to either Belfield or Waterloo Road.

Return departures to Maynooth are at:
    1700 ex-Pearse Street (via Lucan Village)
    1650 ex-Belfield
    1730 ex-Pearse Street (via Lucan Village)
    1730 ex-St. Stephen's Green
    1740 ex-Waterloo Road
    1800 ex-Pearse Street (via Lucan Village)

Buses starting at Belfield, Waterloo Road and St. Stephen's Green pick up at all stops along Baggot Street (Belfield/Waterloo Road departures), St. Stephen's Green North, Dawson Street, Suffolk Street and Westmoreland Street.

However, as markpb says, you could still take the train to Pearse and walk to St. Stephen's Green - it's about 10 minutes brisk walk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

KC61 wrote: »
    There are departures from Straffan Road at 0715 and 0735, and another at 0728 from Cluain Aoibhinn which operates via the M4 bypassing Leixlip.

The 7:28 is very fast getting in, but note that it goes from totally different stops - it picks up at the dropoff points along the Straffan Road for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Rawr

Your best bet is to grab the train to Pearse. You can walk to most areas around the Green fairly quickly.

If you do go for a 66x, try to get one that avoids Lucan Village, it is a big time saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Most 66X's go to Waterloo Road, which means they stop at Kildare Street and Nassau Street, very near to Stephens Green.

Getting the train is still fine- less than 10 minutes walk if you don't go up Grafton Street.

Advertisement