Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David O'Doherty wins gold !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Congratulations indeed, great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Well deserved.
    <3 DOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Excellent news,him and his little casio keyboard definatly deserved to win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

Hurrah! Well-deserved award. Can't wait to see him at Electric Picnic, although I think all this good press will have the tent fairly jammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ive seen this guy a few times and he's never failed to impress.
    Fair play to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Fair play, still haven't got to see him yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Love DOD!! he is so funny, fair play to him

His Orange song, never grows old, always has me in stitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

A certain Irish comedian who also plays a musical instrument was very bitchy about the DoD tonight. He's the son of a former government minister. (And it's not Ardal O'Hanlon) But very bitchy altogether.

Did a decent set in fairness to the guy, but ya can see why he's not winning the if.com/Perrier. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Seen him for the first time a few months ago in Sydney, fantastic .. I found him very funny, and extremely witty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭KJ_2008

A certain Irish comedian who also plays a musical instrument was very bitchy about the DoD tonight. He's the son of a former government minister. (And it's not Ardal O'Hanlon) But very bitchy altogether.

Did a decent set in fairness to the guy, but ya can see why he's not winning the if.com/Perrier. ;)

So the eternally talentless David Andrews Jr is as bitter as ever? Oh dear.

• Advertisement

Indeed.

But I disagree with talentless. Just not quite as talented as he thinks. He's actually quite funny in fairness to him. Obnoxious as funk, but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Danger Bob

You can see DOD in Trinity College on Wedneday October 1st at 7:30 for just eight quid. Probably the cheapest ticket to a gig with him for the forseeable future. You can read more here: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=31440657115

Sorry for the event pimping. I'm actually doing it more because I think it's a good chance to see him for cheap before he disappears to the UK for a few months.

Biggest danger is him heading off to Melbourne again. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Great. Lets hope it doesnt go to his head.

I just can't imagine him as an arrogant prima donna. It'd be funny to see though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Saw David O'Doherty last night in the International. His first gig back in Dublin since winning in Edinburgh.

He played to roughly 20 people which was a surprise to me as we thought the place was going to be jammed.

He did mostly new material and was tremendous. The guy is funny as hell and I cannot wait to see a full show by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

Saw him last week in a place in Dublin. Was really funny, does some funny stuff on text messaging. I'm glad he's doing well, really like his sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

he deserves it
    unreal!

Advertisement