Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Value in Dublin

Options
  • 24-08-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I've finally got a decent wedge saved and have been told by a mortgage broker that I can get a mortgage up to 270K. I'm working in city west but want to be as close to town as possible. I want to avoid Tallaght (lived there before...didnt like it)

Has anyone seen any developments that would suit? I was thinking of Herberton but wasnt blown away by the apartments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Personally I would take a different approach, What are your long term goals?
    Do you intend to live there 5 years, 10 year, maybe for the rest of your life?
    Are you in a relationship or might you be involved in future?
    Do you have or intend to have kids? if so is there enough space over 10/15 years to meet the demands of a family?
    What amenities do you need to work in your particular profession?
    Is there car parking available or is it extra?
    What are the management company terms and conditions?
    Is security important?

I don't know you and the answers to the above questions are of no interest to me, they are intended to provoke thought as to how you define value in a place. What you need to do is list a series of criteria that best suits your needs and then ask people their opinion based around these.

You can also try http://www.neighbours.ie/ , you may be able to get the opinions of existing residents or a particular development.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement