Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stayed in Best Western Hotel? Oh dear...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Get a new credit card. One phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Monies under matress ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

LOL! love the bit "A Sunday Herald investigation has discovered " funniest part in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Those Russians are great guys aren't they? Not only can they turn off the gas, not to mention bumping up the oil prices, they can nick all our credit card details. They don't need nukes, they can bankrupt us into submission. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Jeezuss. Thank heavens my card expired this month and I've just received a new 'un in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Best Western? Some of us can't afford such luxuries, there's a recession you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

What about the great cyber-heist of 1876?

Or the Cyber-Train-Robbery of 'Ought Five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

What about the great cyber-heist of 1876?

You're funny.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Jebus, good luck to anyone trying to get money of my credit card tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

At least they named the chain. Unlike BofI, who just reported that some swipe machines were scammed. I would have appreciated being told which shops, just to keep an extra eye on my account in case I shopped there. Why the secrecy??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

said shops don't want people to stop shopping in their stores.... In people's minds if it happened once in THE shop it'll happen again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

ewj1978 wrote: »
    said shops don't want people to stop shopping in their stores.... In people's minds if it happened once in THE shop it'll happen again...

I can understand that, but it's extremely patronising and galling to think that there would be a mass panic. Also, if some shoppers stopped shopping in these places, it would teach them, and other shops, a lesson that they need to be tighter with security.

For example, the above post wouldn't stop me staying in a Best Western Hotel, if it was the best priced and in the best location. It would, however, make me think twice about paying with my card, and instead would use cash, or simply keep an eye on my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The problem though is that when something bad happens to your credit card, they cancel it straight away but don't ring you on the spot to let you know. It happened to me - I think it took 2 days for them to contact me. Luckily it wasn't a problem because I was at home and only use the card for online shoppin'. I shudder to think what could've happened if I was on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Repentant

At least they named the chain. Unlike BofI, who just reported that some swipe machines were scammed. I would have appreciated being told which shops, just to keep an extra eye on my account in case I shopped there. Why the secrecy??

I don't understand why no employee of the stores involved hasn't leaked the store names either.

Advertisement