Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB - Free Personalised ATM Card (Limited offer)

Options
  • 24-08-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Permanent TSB are currently allowing anybody with a Permanent TSB ATM/ Laser card to get a FREE personalised card which usually costs €10.

Just noticed this last week, You better hurry though because the offer ends on the 31st August, and its free !

Heres a link http://www.permanenttsb.ie/personalise/default.asp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Rockin wrote: »
    Relevant ? :confused:
    It's the music in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Do you want your money in one of the most financially leveraged banks in Ireland during a recession though? Now there is a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

nice find, i had thought about it but i was too mean to spend the 10 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Special offer because nobody could be arsed?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

how come none of the other banks offer this service :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

miju wrote: »
    how come none of the other banks offer this service :(
    Possibly because they've got standards..

.. why would you want a photo on your bank card? Pure tacky shi*e!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

tacky yes but I still would prob get one :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

johnfás wrote: »
    Do you want your money in one of the most financially leveraged banks in Ireland during a recession though? Now there is a question.

Well that statement is questionable, it's a great marketing idea though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's a load of sh*te tbh...try picking a picture/photo of something to go on the card that A) you actually want and B) gets past their stringent criteria.

It's a piece of plastic that spends 99.9% of it's life in a wallet/purse and the other 0.1% stuck in an ATM...colours and pictures are superfluous, the only thing that matters is the little mag strip and/or chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Please stop cross posting...

Permanent TSB are currently allowing anybody with a Permanent TSB ATM/ Laser card to get a FREE personalised card which usually costs €10.

Just noticed this last week, You better hurry though because the offer ends on the 31st August, and its free !

Heres a link http://www.permanenttsb.ie/personalise/default.asp

Not really. P-TSB has deposits near €40bn and have lent near €75bn, it isn't where I would put my money. People are mad if they think that Irish banks are immune from collapse. Granted the Government indemnifies you for 90% of deposits up to 20,000. However, I don't think it's worth saving a tenner to potentially go through the hassle of losing 2 grand on my 20k and the hassle of getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Not really. P-TSB has deposits near €40bn and have lent near €75bn, it isn't where I would put my money. People are mad if they think that Irish banks are immune from collapse. Granted the Government indemnifies you for 90% of deposits up to 20,000. However, I don't think it's worth saving a tenner to potentially go through the hassle of losing 2 grand on my 20k and the hassle of getting it back.

ok then where would you put your money?

Ulster Bank is the least leveraged in the Irish market. AIB and Bank of Ireland are less likely to collapse given their scale they're more likely to ride out storms. Permanent TSB is more leveraged than both. Permanent TSB had their ratings cut a couple of times this year by some major credit agencies. Safest place for money is the post office as it is State guaranteed but that isn't practical for daily banking.

Northern Rock is another good place for cash now. Great interest rate and every penny is guaranteed by Her Majesty's Treasury since it was nationalised.

Anyway, this is more suited to a finance thread but I was just outlining how I didn't think it was a particularly great deal in my humble opinion. Banks are scurrying around at the moment with small incentives to try and get people to deposit with them because they need cash very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Without looking at any of the specifics of the card, anyone who gets a credit card based on the fact that they can get a picture on it for free shouldn't be allowed a credit card in the first place IMO. Especially if they're going to have a big balance on it.

Is Perm card the best on the market in terms of interest rates/cash advance fees etc? Not the last time I checked (a few months ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

6ix wrote: »
    Without looking at any of the specifics of the card, anyone who gets a credit card based on the fact that they can get a picture on it for free shouldn't be allowed a credit card in the first place IMO. Especially if they're going to have a big balance on it.
    Good rant, except it's an ATM card. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Your missing out on €848 worth of interest per year *

* Assuming €20,000 in Anglo Irish Bank at 5.3% minus DIRT

If your looking for safety then all deposits of any amount are guaranteed by the British Government on Northern Rock Accounts at 5% (e.g. gives you €800 per year on €20,000)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I took part in their free offer last December. Nice and unique to have a personalised card. :D

It is good marketing as said previously.

Advertisement