Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Simon at the IFI

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Crap I'm away for this

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ohh very tempting. I take issue with their blurb saying that his book 'Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets' led to 'The Wire'. No it led to 'Homicide: Life on the Street' and it was his later work, including researching for 'The Corner' that led to 'The Wire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just saw this now, and its sold out.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Me too, argh

Why didn't I book?!

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    Why didn't I book?!
    I can't ****in believe its sold out. I'm still in dispair. Think I'll go hang out outside the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Finished watching the wire only a few months ago but I was staying the feck away from this forum for fear of spoilers. forgot to check it out after I finished it. If only I checked earlier :(

Wonder what episode he'll show.

If anyone comes into any spare tickets think of your good friends on boards.ie!

Again: Why didn't I order earlier?!! ARGH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Got mine :D Should be good. Wonder what episode from season 5 they will show. If ye have any decent questions for me to ask him let me know because I am terrible at thinking up questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

6:30pm

Special screening of the show, followed by public interview with David Simon conducted by Peter Murphy (Hot Press)

Tickets from IFI Box Office

Any chance of Aidan Gillen showing up I wonder??

There's already a thread on this forum's front page about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Sorry, just read it and came straight on, didnt see the others, apologies :(

Why did'nt I book tickets?

*furiously smashes head against wall and cries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Simon is a miserable git most of the time when doing interviews/functions. Ask him to smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Thank god I've got a ticket to see Mighty Boosh that night or I'd be pissed off that it's sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

If there are any spare tickets i'd love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just back from this. They screened the second episode from season 5. It was pretty decent, Simon is entertaining. The interviewer was poor, he was nervous and didn't seem to have prepared properly. As with any of these sorts of talks there was one or two stupid questions, but the rest were decent enough. Overall pretty good though !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye it was a good evening. Watching an episode of the wire on the big screen was good. I agree the interviewer wasn't great,when he started going on about Bodie telling the guys how to play chess I just wanted to shout "it was D'Angelo you idiot!".

Simon's answers were interesting as always,but it left little time for the Q&A section,I think only about 4 or 5 people got questions in and there must have been over a 150 people there.

All in all it was a good night,picked myself up a signed copy of Homicide A yesr on the killing streets for 15 quid. Should be a good read.

Advertisement