Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Airways Flight Sale

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Have been watching prices of flights to Orlando for some time. Want to go when the kids are off school.

Just booked flights with British Airways via Gatwick for 2666 for 2 adults and 3 kids (a 2 grand saving on Aer Lingus)

The flights were only 70euro each way before tax. Worth a look if you are considering Orlando next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

British Airways via Gatwick for 2666 for 2 adults and 3 kids (a 2 grand saving on Aer Lingus)

The flights were only 70euro each way before tax

So that's 140*5=700 and that then makes the taxes €1966? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

what dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sue97 wrote: »
    Have been watching prices of flights to Orlando for some time. Want to go when the kids are off school.

Just booked flights with British Airways via Gatwick for 2666 for 2 adults and 3 kids (a 2 grand saving on Aer Lingus)

The flights were only 70euro each way before tax. Worth a look if you are considering Orlando next year
    Hardily a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Almost every US carrier is cheaper than Aer lingus on the transatlantic route.

Worth looking at the other carriers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Was looking at Dub-TLS next summer with BA. Was EUR1271 before the sale. Now EUR1207. Same flights. Small difference. 2 adults + 2 kids.

Easter 09. Dub-Orlando. Depart Sunday before, return Sat after = EUR7,682. And this is the cheapest, involving at least 2 changes, and long travel times. Similar ones with EI direct= EUR5,523.

Shop around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I am not going to get into a huge debate on how much of a bargain this is. I love this site for bargains and I think anyone researching flights for Orlando at this time of year will be aware this is a good price.

Have done a huge amount of shopping around on this. Looked for this year and could not get flights for near that price. Don't want to take the kids out of school so am limited when I can travel.

Even the cheaptickets offer (see Aer Lingus thread) only came in at 2000 for Easter with 3 flights in total which was too much for us. Two flights at Easter was just too dear by the time I started looking.

Slightly cheaper on cheaptickets.com about 50 quid but for the difference would like BA direct. Looked at this before the sale and the flights were 210 each way.

Have to agree taxes are a joke. It really annoys me to pay that much extra> Dates were last week in June for 17 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I've found flights with BA to Atlanta for about €1500 for 2 adults and 2 kids (travel end June for about 4 weeks). A lot cheaper than what we got this year (got about €2200 with Delta at the end). Very tempted. Thanks OP.

Advertisement