Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get BBC i on:- Lidl Silvercrest System

Options
  • 23-08-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have this disk/box
    Lidl Silvercrest System

I cant get BBCi (BBC - Digital - Interactive TV)

When they say 'press the RED button on your remote control'

can you do this on this system?

as I cant find it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you can't

You need a Sky Digibox or a Freesat box.

You CAN find the video channels used in the BBCi (see sticky on tuning BBC) and view them.
    (alternate Wimbledon/Olympics video etc )

12.441, V, 27.5, 2/3

BBC Stream 3 0
    BBC Stream 3 1
    BBC Stream 3 2
    BBC Stream 3 3
    BBC Stream 3 4
    BBC Stream 3 5
    BBC Stream 3 6

11.954, H, 27.5, 2/3

BBC News
    BBC Parliament
    BBC Stream 4 0
    BBC Stream 4 1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038749

Obviously the detail of how you add and scan a transponder is different on your receiver, but you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

irish147 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have this disk/box
    Lidl Silvercrest System

I cant get BBCi (BBC - Digital - Interactive TV)

When they say 'press the RED button on your remote control'

can you do this on this system?

as I cant find it!

I have a freesat box and all these streams / feeds are tuned in - it's a bit tedious if you want to use them but during Glastonbury for example and Wimbeldon I was able to view different concerts and matches by just selecting the channel numbers that corresponded to each feed. You could also sort the channels in such a way that all the streams are together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

josh59 wrote: »
    I have a freesat box and all these streams / feeds are tuned in - it's a bit tedious if you want to use them but during Glastonbury for example and Wimbeldon I was able to view different concerts and matches by just selecting the channel numbers that corresponded to each feed. You could also sort the channels in such a way that all the streams are together

If you have an actual Freesat box then BBC interactive does work, no need to tune in the individual streams...

C

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Phibsboro wrote: »
    If you have an actual Freesat box then BBC interactive does work, no need to tune in the individual streams...

C

Apologies - I dont have an actual Freesat (as in supplied in the UK) box - I think mine is a Strong

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes folks FTA receiver is NOT a freesat Receiver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement