If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I have a max budget of €1400, what can RS do for me?

Options
  • 23-08-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

In the market for a tv, dvd [upscaler if possible] and decent 5.1 sound kit for an upper max of €1400 incl delivery [can prolly push a bit more if it's worth the difference]

Like the look of this 42" panasonic plasma.

Going with the plasma cos the tv will mostly be used for xbox/ps3-ing and streaming movies rather than actual tv stuff.

Have no real idea as to what home cinema kit to get. Recommendations? If we were to get one of the home cinema kits from RS could we get an upscaling dvd player in the kit?

Help me help you etc etc :)

Also, with some of the tvs, it's in.store pickup only?

Can I call to order and have it delivered to ireland anyway? [or did I read the other thread wrong?]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*bump*

Umm, I'm waiting over 2 weeks for word on my order - 42" panny plasma & a pioneer home cinema kit.

Any ideas?

*update*

Talking to a nice chap Patrick today -> seems there are probs getting panny gear in stock. Shame as I really do want that pz80 :/

Trying to research a suitable replacement and decide if i want to wait it out for an ETA or not :/

*update*

So no chance of the pz80 coming in, but the pz8 instead. Shame as I did really want the pz80 and at the price is was going it was a solid steal tbqh!!

Oh, solid kudos to your customer support by the way. Great guys to talk to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Just wanna say that the TV and sound system are great.

kai hasn't seen it yet, but it is truely awesome.

Thanks for all your help RS, we'll definetly be recommending and shopping with ye again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

What 5.1 did you get?

• Advertisement

What 5.1 did you get?
    the pioneer 5.1 home cinema kit.

cant find the model number right now but tis well good. Only issue we have is getting the xbox360 hooked up to use the full 5.1 but an optical cable should fix that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.