Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a GP in Dundalk please!

Options
  • 23-08-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Been living in Dundalk for a year or 2 now but never needed a GP before this week. Just picked one out of the Golden Pages that had a "special interest" in the particular problem, thinking they would be perfect! Unfortunately not entirely happy with the service for various reasons. And although I haven't seen a GP in years and am not familiar with the current costs structures, I felt I picked a very expensive one here!

So would really appreciate a recommendation for a local GP, or even recommendations against! PM me if necessary!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Most of them are around €50 a visit as far as I know. Sineád O'Brien beside Ice House Hill is the best I know of, I'm not sure if she's taking any new patients though. Grace Kenny is maybe worth a call too (based across from St. Vincents School), I've no personal experience there though. Hope everything works out ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks Mr. Magnolia!

You must think i'm a right old crock! It's not too long ago you were recommending a chiropractor to me! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

sudzs wrote: »
    Thanks Mr. Magnolia!

You must think i'm a right old crock! It's not too long ago you were recommending a chiropractor to me! :rolleyes:

LOL, forgot about that :D

/hands sudzs walking stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Puppies

I can highly recommend Samir Akhal, he's out in Blackrock. Very good and thorough. well worth €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

Good old John Waitley down by x-tra vision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RONOC08 wrote: »
    Good old John Waitley down by x-tra vision

Without a doubt the best family GP in the town but I know his books are full.

Advertisement