Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Madness at School

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

My own young fella came home from school the other day rabbiting on about the need to go green. Turns out that they are now having weekly "green" lessons on how to save the planet. As if it needs saving. He goes to a primary school in Malahide.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/5576/

Something like this above. I had a right go at the teacher, my child is sent to school to recieve an education, not indoctrination.

Comments

You're a real hero, you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hope you have him taken out of the room at religion class time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just wait until your sprog gets to college, fcuk me there are some delusional people employed by 3rd level institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hes a groan lads! get him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bigtime wrote: »
    Turns out that they are now having weekly "green" lessons on how to save the planet. As if it needs saving.
    Casey, why are you in such denial? And why do you continue to bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

your kid is back in school already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mr WibbleWobble

Dudess wrote: »
    Casey, why are you in such denial? And why do you continue to bother?

Casey? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Whats the problem? What are you gonna be like when your kid is getting sex ed in school? ffs ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bigtime

phasers wrote: »
    your kid is back in school already?

Summer school, you see the burd has to work as well. With all these government taxes to pay, what choice have you got. Send the cub to school or let him rot in some day care place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could sit him down in front of some alex jones videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

bigtime wrote: »
    My own young fella came home from school the other day rabbiting on about the need to go green. Turns out that they are now having weekly "green" lessons on how to save the planet.

ffs, next thing you know they're going to start teaching them history or some such boll0x.

If they just got on with the important stuff like how to claim the dole and how to roll a joint, they could be done with school and into council flats by the time they're 10.

Gurgle wrote: »
    ffs, next thing you know they're going to start teaching them history or some such boll0x.

If they just got on with the important stuff like how to claim the dole and how to roll a joint, they could be done with school and into council flats by the time they're 10.

His-story.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8908917218303944474

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

God, yeah, 'twould be an awful shame if the next generation grew up believing that pollution was in some way wrong, or that recycling might be a useful idea, or that it's not strictly necessary to have every light in the house on at the same time while they loll on the sofa watching tv ...

Sure, 'twould undermine the whole nature of the Irish culture and economy! :rolleyes:

God, yeah, 'twould be an awful shame if the next generation grew up believing that pollution was in some way wrong, or that recycling might be a useful idea, or that it's not strictly necessary to have every light in the house on at the same time while they loll on the sofa watching tv ...

Sure, 'twould undermine the whole nature of the Irish culture and economy! :rolleyes:

I have no problem with pollution and recycling. You see, the real environmental freaks have no interest in these real issues.

They want to force this carbon scam on the people. Global warming, what a joke. I read the latest edition of "new scientist" yesterday. A rambling note at the start went something like this. "the earth has stopped cooling due to ocean changes, the earth will not warm for the next ten years. However we still need to combat co2 emmissions...." and off he went.

This is a war on man, nothing less.

moved from after hours

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I thought you were aiming for the Recycle bin, Mord ... >_>

moved from after hours

the fact that you are getting conned is no conspiract theory, baby.

I thought you were aiming for the Recycle bin, Mord ... >_>

I may not believe he has to say, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it!
    well, defend to the crazy house.. and it's here, so I guess my job is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'm glad I don't have a father like you, dude. Some serious paranoid **** going on in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

You'd have to hope he doesn't have any children. Having that paranoia rammed down your neck would be very scary as a child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

meglome wrote: »
    You'd have to hope he doesn't have any children. Having that paranoia rammed down your neck would be very scary as a child.

Its all well and good being a single lad entertaining such notions, no harm there. But when kids are involved...

Advertisement