Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signal Quality

Options
  • 23-08-2008 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Having nearly killed myself installing a maplins sat system on the chimney whilst hanging off a ladder at 60 ft, I am getting a great picture.

I hit the info button on the remote and am showing a signal intensity of 76% and signal quality of 74%. It is locked onto astra 28east. This about right ??

Is this the best sat to lock onto for general viewing ? Quite proud that I got the bleedin thing to work in the first place !!
    Ps The sat is generally over croke park direction..ish !!:D

Ps the whole system freezes up if I hit the bbc parliment, house of commons channel, but fine on the other odd 400, Why this ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

thats one big 7 story house,:D
    Why up so high?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Depends on size of your dish. If your dish is 60cm or bigger, then percentages are poor. Would expect 90+/80+ for intensity/quality. Being up so high on chimney, more prone to adverse weather, drop-out more likely.

Advertisement