Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun... dun... dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

A transmitter in the chip communicates with a larger GPS-enabled device carried by the client, Xega says. That gadget reports its location to the company when the owner presses a panic button, something the device could arguably do without an under-skin chip.

Evidence that people are stupid enough to hand over large sums of money for useless gimmicks, or that people are stupid enough to believe in such ridiculous security theatre is hardly "through the looking glass".

To be fair, I don't think anyone here will argue that such stupidity is something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Erm, I thought CTer's were into all that 'microchipping' people stuff.

You know, NWO and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Have to say, as a CT agnostic, nothing weirds me out more than chipping. Irrational but true.

*damn*

Now my gang-stalkers know my true fear and will use it against me. I mean, I love teh chips and think they will liberates us all! Hail Shaitan!

However, if I lived in Mexico City...the idea of having a GPS implanted gets more appealing. Express-kidnap is very common there, cabs are crazy dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Erm, I thought CTer's were into all that 'microchipping' people stuff.

You know, NWO and all that.

There's been more than one thread predicting that this is, indeed, some sort of goal of some sort of NWO, yes.

The point I'm making is that rich people voluntarily choosing to pay do something, particularly when what they're doing can be shown to be so studidly flawed, doesn't really support that particular prediction.

Kevin Warwick - or "Captain Cyborg" as theregister nicknamed him - beat them to the idea of voluntarily inserting mostly-useless chips under the skin years ago. and I'm not even sure that he was the first.

If anything, these crazy schemes show just how flawed the idea is...because these people need to carry much larger units on their person in order to be able to do anything with the chips. So is that suggesting that the dark future awaiting us is one where we spend our lives walking amongst a veritable forest of receivers, where we're never more than a few centimeters away? Or that the evil plan of this NWO is to trick us into voluntarily carrying around transmitters so that our embedded chips can serve a purpose?

In either case, we're describing a solution which doesn't require the chips in the first place.

If you wanted to track vast quantities of the populace today...why trick them into carrying some sort of RFID, then spending billions on putting short-range RFID scanners everywhere, and then additional measures to find those who figure out any of the (simple) ways to block RFID signals?

Why not just trick them into carrying...oh...say...a mobile phone. Why not trick them into having phones with GPS capability built in, so you've got even more accuracy of locational information. Fool them completely, by offering them an internet connection on the same phone, and getting them used to the idea of sending locational information with their signal thinking that its to their own advantage to do so. You don't even need to worry about who the phone is registered to...you can identify people in other ways.

And then you know what you could do? You could get involved in a bit of smoke-and-mirrors and ensure that most people who start getting worried about the idea of Big Brother tracking them concentrate on non-existant threats of unworkable solutions like embedded RFID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bigtime

Maddy McCann. Fear, fear, fear.

The docile majority would go for anything that is promoted by the big boys. They would never do anything not in our interests after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bigtime wrote: »
    Maddy McCann. Fear, fear, fear.

The docile majority would go for anything that is promoted by the big boys. They would never do anything not in our interests after all.

I worry about your state of mind Casey.

Advertisement