Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist/ Keyboard player/ Violinist/ Singer wanted for Experimental South Dublin band

Options
  • 22-08-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

South Dublin based experimental musicians currently consisting of a guitarist and drummer seek any or all of the following to form a band open to all elements of Jazz/ Rock/ Blues/ Experimental music, focusing on improvisation and "soundscape" type pieces:

Bassist,
    Keyboard player,
    Violinist,
    And if you can sing as well that's a bonus.

If you are capable on any of these instruments please get on to us. Musical freedom guaranteed.

Average age 21, but all welcome once you know what you're doing.
    Have own practice room.

Influences relevant to what we're trying to do include Pink Floyd, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, King Crimson, to name only three, plus anything you're willing to bring to the table.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

mp3s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ross_boss

like my kind of thing...I'm 26, based in terenure,playin the bass for 10 yrs.
    Mainly into improvisation/spacey stuff/alternate or open tuned guitar kind of stuff.
    Influences would be Sonic Youth/Floyd/Pumpkins to name a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fripp

conanm wrote: »
    mp3s?
    No mp3s yet. Just in the process of writing a few things, but we're trying out different people and instruments at the moment so you're more than welcome to come and have a jam and see what you think. What do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Burst yeh!

Hey I have been in a band now for the last 2 years which just broke up the other day and am itching to get into something with some seriously class music. I like your descriptions and I have been a bassist for a good 7 years now and am a big fan of King Crimson and Mahavishnu as well as jaga jazzist and esbjorn svensson trio, to name a few. Im 24 and would love to hook up for a jam whenever suits? Let me know
    Cheers, Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Burst yeh!

I also love to sing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 yermin

hey, are you still looking? I can sing, and play guitar, but I'm really into stuff like king crimsons Discipline, it's my favourite of their albums. I like experimenting with sounds and music ( i make a fair bit of electronic shtuff(http://www.myspace.com/macallaechoes)). Would like to get into more singing mainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 MickBeth

SINGER WANTED

Look I hate to do this but If I have too........I am Mick I play theremin and have deep intrest in Blues, jazz (of all demeanours) and Quali music also I am Prop. the best singer you would be capable pf finding Some one (male that is) better than me
    JUST LET ME PROOVE IT

The fact of the matter is I NEED to make music not out of my ceaseles love,
    or passion, (boath of witch are Vast)

I want to make music because I'VE NO ****ING CHOICE!!!

You will never find anyone more dedicated or talented.
    That I can Swear,

hit my page or Pjone me on 083-3762480

(egotistical prick,,,,yeah I know)

(yeah I sound like a prick I know)

Advertisement