Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7:50 Hamilton Betting w/o the fav

Options
  • 22-08-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Paddy Powers have betting without the fav.

Take River kent 11/4 and Prince Rhyddarch 11/4 each way on both.
    I would be confident of a positive return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,419 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ok, you're gonna have to explain the logic of this to me.

7.50 Hamilton > 1m 4f - 7 runners - 1/4 Odds 1,2

Currently;
    River Kent @ 7/1 (E/W = .875 or ~ 5/6 if 2nd, Place Only = 7/4)
    Prince Rydaarch @ 9/1 (E/W = 1.125 or ~ 11/10 if 2nd, Place Only = 2/1)

You've got the Prescott runner Suite Francaise @ 8/15 and Afton View @ 11/2. Suite Francaise has 3lbs in hand over both River Kent and Prince Rydaarch (And Afton View as well).

Basically, I don't know where you're fishing 11/4 out of, maybe it was an earlier price? Personally, I think its a bet to nothing. Back both and one wins, then yeah you'll make money but this is one time I can't see a Prescott favourite being turned over, normally I'd oppose Mark Prescotts short fav's.

Poor value imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You are betting without the favourite so you only need one of the two to finish in the top 2, if you bet 10 euro on each you will make a profit of 7 euro or 12 euro. Given the rest of the field a reasonable bet.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

What I meant to say was, take the two horses and put them in a forecast! Hope somebody put a few quid on! 11/4 and 11/4 in effectively a 3 horse race with the safety net of a place on one of them. Got my Boldin money back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

What I meant to say was, take the two horses and put them in a forecast! Hope somebody put a few quid on! 11/4 and 11/4 in effectively a 3 horse race with the safety net of a place on one of them. Got my Boldin money back!

didnt do the forecast:( but i did back prince rhyddarch ew :D cheers mate, your tips made me have a closer look at the race....

Advertisement