Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German proficiency test - Arts

Options
  • 22-08-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I've been accepted into the BA degree programme as a mature student. I want to study German, but I've been told I have to do the proficiency test - can anyone tell me what it's like?

I did my leaving cert seven years ago and haven't studied German since, so I don't think I'll pass, but they want me to do it anyway even though I want to go into the beginners' class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I found out the format of the test from one of the lecturers. For posterity...

4 sections

1. List of sentences with missing words. Fill in the words. About forty sentences.

2. Translate a short English text into German.

3. Answer a question in German. Write about ten sentences.

4. Match headlines with short texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

Thanks, for putting this up !
    ! I am doing the german test too 2moro ! Not 100 % sure if I want to do it though. I'm not going to keep it up after 1st year . I don't know is it worthwhile doing it for a year ? Or should I just take politics ? I heard the german department is not great so I don't know what to do really ? Any advice would be great . Thanks !!

Advertisement