Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Theatre Advise needed

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    So I decided about 14 months ago to invest in a reasonably modest 5.1 Philips home theatre system, which up to this point I was quite happy with. However, upon recently setting up a playstation 3 I came across the (embarrassing) discovery that the system doesn't have an Digital Audio Input jack, only stereo (ie. Red & White).
    I'm really not keen on buying a whole new system seeing as, like I said, it only went up just over a year ago, and I'm pretty satisfied with the speakers, but is there a way I can buy a new DVD player that I can connect to the speakers I have and will also have a Digital Audio Input jack? If so, does anyone have any specific recommendations?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

No, the amplifier, decoder & speaker connections for the 5.1 speakers is built into the current DVD unit you have.
    You will need to get another 5.1 system with digital input or seperate amplifier & powered subwoofer using the current 4 speakers.

Advertisement