Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding force feedback joystick

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've always thought that force feedback was so important when flying prop planes as it really helps you get to grips with trimming the aircraft.

Does anyone know where I can get a good force feedback stick in dublin ? compatible with FSX ?

Thanks,
    Fionn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Theres a logitech one in harvey normans and PC world and was in argos, but cant find it in the new catalogue. I havent bought one (yet) but theyre about €60 and have force feedback and a rotating handle

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/291&cl=us,en

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

thanks for the reply , I can't see anywhere on the link that says force feedback , is it defo forcefeedback ??

cheers,
    Fionn

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

thats the wrong link

it should be this one

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/297&cl=us,en

its the force 3d pro that is the feedback model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I wouldn't reccommend a FF joystick - they feel odd compared to a real aircraft. They're never strong enough, FS doesn't simulate the forces well and X-Plane doesn't simulate them at all. I'd suggest buying a high quality Saitek or CH joystick instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Confab wrote: »
    I wouldn't reccommend a FF joystick - they feel odd compared to a real aircraft. They're never strong enough, FS doesn't simulate the forces well and X-Plane doesn't simulate them at all. I'd suggest buying a high quality Saitek or CH joystick instead.

I agree. I found the sensation to be an amusing diversion at first but it didn't take long to realise that the forces experienced have no correlation to real world flying.

In particular, if you are hoping to feel trim forces, you will be very disappointed. It's a pity because I find that trim is one of the most difficult aspects of flight simulation. You really do need to experience those forces to do it properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement