Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecommerce Webdesign...

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello everyone

I am looking for someone who can build a fully functional ecommerce website from scratch.

I dont have alot of money to fund this idea but i also dont have a strict deadline date, so this may suit a web designer looking for nixers.

What i need:
    • Index
    • 5 to 7 product category pages
    • Product page template
    • Shopping cart etc

As you can see, i am not looking for a fully built site. I would prefer to input product descriptions, images etc myself to save on cost.

If this sounds appealing to anyone or likewise maybe you know someone who it may appeal to, please contact me.

Thanks,
    Phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

So what you are looking for is a fully functioning ecommerce database driven system for cheap.. whenever?

Probably easist to use one of the open source solutions and get someone to lob a skin/design around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FastFonz

Ideally id like the above completed in about 8 to 10 weeks, maybe im not taking everything into consideration but that timeframe seems very relaxed?

Id prefer to get the skin designed beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

To give you an idea. Typicially I will allocate anywhere between 1 and 6 months to an e-commerce site from start to finish. (to launch). An e-commerce site is typicially one of the most expensive web projects any normal business will be involved in. You may be hard pressed to find someone to do this cheaply.

You get what you pay for. Consider an online store as an extention to your business rather than just a website. You pay top dollar for a new trading premises, why should an online store front be any different?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FastFonz im sure a mod will be along to tell you anyways but your not allowed post regarding projects you want done on here. You should post it on adverts.ie and ask people to pm you there with quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'd do it for €100 and put your logo on it all fully functional and powerful system
    But
    If your hoping to sell items and give customers the confidence that Its a creditable website and business your going to have to invest a hell of a lot more. Think of it as an ordinary shop on the high st, your going to need a nice design, different payment options, delivery options, advertising, SEO, variety of stock maintainance of the shop and a shop assistant.

A webite shop is similar is an offline shop in as it needs a lot of work to get it off the ground and it needs an equal amount of investment to be a success.

So in summary my offer still stands (Great Value) but your really only getting a newpaper stand down a back st where as what you really want is a high st shop.(I can do them too:))

I'll await your pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

adverts.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement