Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 21

Options
  • 22-08-2008 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday, August 22
    Western Bulldogs v Essendon at Telstra Dome, 7.40pm AEST

Saturday, August 23
    Richmond v Fremantle at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne at AAMI Stadium, 2.40pm ACST
    Brisbane Lions v Carlton at the Gabba, 7.10pm AEST
    Collingwood v Sydney Swans at Telstra Dome, 7.10pm AEST

Sunday, August 24
    Geelong v North Melbourne at Skilled Stadium, 1.10pm AEST
    St Kilda v Adelaide at Telstra Dome, 2.10pm AEST
    West Coast v Hawthorn at Subiaco Oval, 2.40pm AWST

Western Bulldogs v Essendon : Dogs
    Richmond v Fremantle : Tigers
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne : Power
    Brisbane Lions v Carlton : Lions
    Collingwood v Sydney Swans : Pies
    Geelong v North Melbourne : Cats
    St Kilda v Adelaide : Crows
    West Coast v Hawthorn : Hawks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't argue, they pretty much pick themselves this week -

Western Bulldogs v Essendon : Dogs
    Richmond v Fremantle : Tigers
    Port Adelaide v Melbourne : Power
    Brisbane Lions v Carlton : Lions
    Collingwood v Sydney Swans : Pies
    Geelong v North Melbourne : Cats
    St Kilda v Adelaide : Crows
    West Coast v Hawthorn : Hawks

3 from 3 in the tips so far and Freo bottled a three quarter time lead once again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Lions seened to forget there was a match on in the first half, they're awake now tho, one quarter to go :)

EDIT
    :(:( Bugger:(:(

Collingwood have kicked 8 goals against Sydney in the first quarter.

Marty Clarke is playin super.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

woohoo!

come on you blue boys!

what a game,seemed like we threw it away 3rd qtr but held the lions to a solitary behind final term to get up by a goal.

hanley did well on debut,first game but highly thought of by matthews,will hopefully feature again next week.

lived and worked in melbourne for 8 months where the local rags are filled with footy from february onwards,was told i couldnt stay there unless i picked a footy team so opted for carlton simply based on setanta being there.

my choice was greeted with widespread laughter in the main,i knew they hadnt been doing too well in the seasons past just didnt realise the extent in which they were being beaten.

still this season had been different,still the youngest roster in the afl and plenty to build on next year.

so how supports who on this board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

fair play to carlton for coming back like that, but an awful loss for the lions who's season is wrecked now. should have won and got into the 8. Buddy didnt get his ton yesterday, will have to wait until the showdown with Carlton. Surely will get it then. Hope its live on setanta, must check now actually. no other big surprises this week, saints were far too good for Adelaide, and I should have taken the Robert Harvey retirment game into account when I was making the predictions. Riewoldt took some marks in the game, excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

hanton12 wrote: »
    fair play to carlton for coming back like that, but an awful loss for the lions who's season is wrecked now. should have won and got into the 8. Buddy didnt get his ton yesterday, will have to wait until the showdown with Carlton. Surely will get it then. Hope its live on setanta, must check now actually. no other big surprises this week, saints were far too good for Adelaide, and I should have taken the Robert Harvey retirment game into account when I was making the predictions. Riewoldt took some marks in the game, excellent player.

didnt get the hype surrounding riewoldt at the start of the season but past few weeks he has been excellent,milne has played himself back into form as well,dark horse come finals perhaps the saints,always ruin my tipping each week,they will win the flag if i go against them from now til end of september!;)

Advertisement