Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CARS: Mercedes drivers

Options
  • 22-08-2008 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Does anybody find that Mercedes Drivers are w**kers (not all but most). I know this may sound harsh and that people will tend to jabber on about young drivers in mod cars are bad drivers, too fast etc. etc.

But do Merc drivers have this massive superiority(did I spell that right) complex.
    "i have a merc I'm better than you"

And do they get away with this and their bullying because if they make an aggressive manouvre we will cower because we don't want the chance of f**king up our car insurance by having a big claim/accident with an expensive car.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS. I WANT TO HEAR FROM MERC DRIVERS TOO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They used to have a superiority complex, but even the SL is 10 a penny now.

No reason to have a superiority complex anymore, as anyone can have a Merc.

Although I do find that the BMW recall on indicator retro-fitting is taking effect recently:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

ninty9er wrote: »
    Although I do find that the BMW recall on indicator retro-fitting is taking effect recently:pac:
    What do you mean by that? I don't get you.

I've noticed that myself with the SL but with that happening the better off(lets say) are buying the bigger and more expensive CLK and noticed a couple of the AMG line popping up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pastyp

I think that you'd have to be a w***ker to suggest such a thing or have a chip on your shoulder, pick which ever one you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Is it not more that BMW indicator bulbs are really pricy so only use them in extreme emergencies?

Im actually finding that BMW and Merc drivers less aggressive lately and Audi drivers doing more of the bullying in a "iam superior to you MOVE".
    But the good ol' i drive a more expensive make then you still exists, within merc and BMW worlds

Big Steve wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? I don't get you.

I've noticed that myself with the SL but with that happening the better off(lets say) are buying the bigger and more expensive CLK and noticed a couple of the AMG line popping up.

CLK

SL

The SL is the more expensive, but they're still everywhere.

The CL is more exclusive, but not as exclusive as they used to be, plus this incarnation is uglier than John Prescott.

Regular posters will get my BMW reference:pac:

• Advertisement

cabrwab wrote: »
    Is it not more that BMW indicator bulbs are really pricy so only use them in extreme emergencies?
    Where's Darragh:D

And of course they must be fitted by a BM main dealer:D:D

pastyp wrote: »
    I think that you'd have to be a w***ker to suggest such a thing or have a chip on your shoulder, pick which ever one you want.

Don't get ne wrong I like mercs. its a good car. and the new AMG Black production line is excellent. but I drive myself(only a ****ty 1.4 Ibiza) and notice that people driving these "prestigious" cars tend to have a superiority complex. If you actually read the OP. i said "most but not all". I HAVE ENCOUNTERED NICE DRIVERS. THE SAME WITH ALL CAR MAKES. SOME DRIVERS ARE JUST A-HOLES.

cabrwab wrote: »

Im actually finding that BMW and Merc drivers less aggressive lately and Audi drivers doing more of the bullying in a "iam superior to you MOVE".
    But the good ol' i drive a more expensive make then you still exists, within merc and BMW worlds

I have noticed it with the Audi's now. not as bad as other but it is on the increase.

Big Steve wrote: »
    Don't get ne wrong I like mercs. its a good car. and the new AMG Black production line is excellent. but I drive myself(only a ****ty 1.4 Ibiza) and notice that people driving these "prestigious" cars tend to have a superiority complex. If you actually read the OP. i said "most but not all". I HAVE ENCOUNTERED NICE DRIVERS. THE SAME WITH ALL CAR MAKES. SOME DRIVERS ARE JUST A-HOLES.

I think it's more to do with the SIZE of the car you drive rather than the MAKE they drive.

I've noticed you get less people up your rear end in a bigger car (and thats only moving from a Corsa to an Astra)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Meh .. i dunno .. i just ignore them, unless their endangering the safety of others, in which case i'll call the cops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

rubbish thread

closed

ninty9er wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with the SIZE of the car you drive rather than the MAKE they drive.

I've noticed you get less people up your rear end in a bigger car (and thats only moving from a Corsa to an Astra)

suppose there is an element of truth to that. For example

This day 2 weeks ago I was travelling north on the M1 just passing the swords exit. I moved into the inner lane to over take a truck that was leaving the M1.
    Just after the truck went up the off ramp a cl320 or something shot up the left hand side of me giving me the finger (bear in mind I was doing about 110kph) jumped in infront of me. Now that was annoying me because of the arrogance but, karma caught up with him. He skid off into the central divide and wrecked the whole driver side of his car. So i hope he learned his lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

but did that really happen or was it all in your head?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement