Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta without Sky

Options
  • 22-08-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have been a subsciber to Setanta and Sky, have the box and dish. Is it possible to continue subscribing to Setanta and not Sky and still receive Setanta through the Sky digibox ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yes it is. Setanta is completely seperate to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Television to Satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Yes it is. Setanta is completely seperate to Sky.
    Thanks for that answer.
    Is it possible to cancel Sky and then subscribe to Setanta, or am I better off subscribing before cancelling Sky?
    What do Setanta folks ask when one subscribe (bank details, Sky card number?)...?

Ok, I've just read on previous thread that you can subscribe to Setanta with an inactive irish card. I'm still with Sky, but I'd like to get Setanta and then cancel Sky (as it takes 30 days).
    I'm a bit confused, Does Setanta "read" the active/inactive card to find out about the rights? Or can I remove my sky card once I get Setanta. I'd like to get the UK EPG for the other channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The card needs to be in the box while you receive ANY encrypted /FTV/PayTV/PPV channel.

The card is not "inactive" just no Sky Pay channels.

• Advertisement

watty wrote: »
    The card needs to be in the box while you receive ANY encrypted /FTV/PayTV/PPV channel.

The card is not "inactive" just no Sky Pay channels.

Thanks for your answer. So if I get Setanta now, the rights for Setanta Channels will be stored on my Sky card. Once I cancel, the card will become a FTV card with Setanta rights on it but no Sky channels.
    That's fine by me!

I think I'm gonna watch some Premiership tomorrow afternoon :)

Advertisement