Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Washer Repairs

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I've a Karcher Pressure Washer with a problem.
    Had a look myself, but it's all sealed, etc. I suspect a bad seal somewhere which prevents it from building up the pressure.

Anywhere in Limerick repairs these?
    There's nothing on the karcher website :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is an electrical rewind place on Mulgrave Street that will repair it for you, it is right nextdoor to the old Esso filling station near the Pike Inn. My old man brought his pressure washer in there and they managed to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is an electrical rewind place on Mulgrave Street that will repair it for you, it is right nextdoor to the old Esso filling station near the Pike Inn. My old man brought his pressure washer in there and they managed to fix it.

Will check it out...
    Is it "B & W Rewinds Limited"?
    Only rewind name I could find in the phone book on Mulgrave St ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

RikD wrote: »
    Will check it out...
    Is it "B & W Rewinds Limited"?
    Only rewind name I could find in the phone book on Mulgrave St ;)

That must be them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

you can pick up a pressure washer (110-120 bar) in B&Q, homebase ect for about 80-90 yoyos might be cheaper than the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Thanks Kablam...
    Have dropped it into B&W Rewind to see what it costs. I suspect a seal gone, so should be relatively straight forward... Will post back once done.
    If it's too much I'll be rethinking the repair route...

Slightly OT - but related...
    I've had 2 pressure washers fail in the 4yrs since I've moved to limerick despite low usage. I wonder if the water is too limey (Raheen) and/or pressure just too low for them?
    Anyone else experiencing similar problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Frank Ryan Jr

I know it's a while back but are these guys still around and did they fix your washer? I've a Lavor washer that wont start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

they are still around

also have a place in galvone

http://www.electricalrewinds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

DemoniK wrote: »
    Thanks Kablam...
    Have dropped it into B&W Rewind to see what it costs. I suspect a seal gone, so should be relatively straight forward... Will post back once done.
    If it's too much I'll be rethinking the repair route...

Slightly OT - but related...
    I've had 2 pressure washers fail in the 4yrs since I've moved to limerick despite low usage. I wonder if the water is too limey (Raheen) and/or pressure just too low for them?
    Anyone else experiencing similar problems.

hi. just wondering if, B&W rewinds repairer your power washer, and if they are still in operation? didnt rob you? iv one to be fixed too. 3000psi but no pressure. im in limerick

Advertisement