Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPQR - Unlimited Dreams

Options
  • 21-08-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I've searched everywhere and could only find low quality rips of this tune so i got one and fiddled around with some filters in goldwave to try to restore some bass into the song and i think its sounds a bit better now.Its better than paying €90 for an old vinyl anyway

EDIT: Found a better quality 256Kbps MP3 of it

Anyway heres the tune:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/139290299/SPQR-_Unlimited_Dreams__Hypnotic_State_.mp3

Rapidshare of the link is direct so no wait or anything.

Any feedback would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Sounds very muffled, the original is a lot more clearer and airy but yeah it is a bit lacking in bass. Thing is it might sound good on your speakers but not on others. Thats why you need to use monitors for this sort of thing to get an accurate picture of what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

ill sell my copy for 90euro if anyone wants it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Just listened to it on my laptop speakers yeah it was lot more muffled than on my pc.I know there is no way to bring back the quality so does anyone have a FLAC of it around? or even 320Kbps MP3 about as the song itself is just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The tune is actually called "Hypnotic State" from the - but it's from the "Unlimited Dreams EP".

You'd be far better lifting it again from a good 12" copy (even if you have to borrow it).

However, I'm sure I ripped it to my PC years ago into good old WAV format. I'll check later.

Ah i've seen it called that but i thought that was only the club mix of it.

I've found a 256Kpbs Mp3 and will update the first post with it when its upped

But if you've got a WAV of it i'd love it please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have the original on vinyl but its not 100% perfect.

i do have a white label of the original bought about 02 from htfr (ofc it was labelled as original, robbin kunts) that is perfect.. if only i had a deck to rip it from!!

maplins here i come. usb deck

I cheked and I only have a MP3 of it - it's been so long, I can't remember where I sourced it (it's not a dodgy download at least).

I'm not sure if you would get decent quality from those USB decks.

well even if it was ripped from vinyl id assume itd need a few filters run to remove cracks,hiss etc.Any idea what program to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Here Smokey, I hope this helps you, great track.

SPQR - Unlimited Dreams
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?enlvrtzg2y0

cheers man ill add it to the collection i have bout 4 different mp3 of it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

there's been a copy in abbey disc's the last 2 weeks(no the white label)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Have heard this a lot on the radio lately is it a new release or just digitally remastered version - sounds very clear to what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Is this the one you're talking about? It's not the original, it's a complete rework under the same name, sounds like garbage if you ask me.

The original is available as a digital remaster now also. That’s worth purchasing.

I did not know the track was called Hypnotic State until today.

The comments section from the original video on YouTube is littered with references to Dublin in the 90s. I'd love to know how or why the track took off the way it did here. SPQR are Italian, I wonder were they aware of how popular the track was here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭De Bhál

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have the original on vinyl, though mines in bcd.

have a good 320 mp3 of it though. if anyone wants it let me know.

havent been on here in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

those vocals are awful. I'm not mad on vocals in the first place but they can enhance some trance songs, i.e. Grace - i Want To Live, Ascension - Someone. But the minimum requirement for having vocals in a track, is your vocalist should be able to sing.

I've noticed that reworks of older tracks using new vocals (presumably for copyright purposes) has become a lot more common lately. I've yet to hear a new attempt that I liked. Even if sung well, the character of the original vocal is lost, which is usually an important part of the feeling of the track. "Nomansland" by DJ Sakin was recently redone, the new vocals aren't bad, but just not the same.

Advertisement