Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted

Options
  • 21-08-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

I'm forming a contemporary music ensemble, and looking for string players and a clarinetist/saxaphonist (both preferably) to join.

If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Bren, dear, we will fight to the death to be Greatest Contemporary Ensemble Ever. We have an amazing name, and we don't even really exist. How utterly postmodern.

Sadly, I don't play anything except keyboard things. But best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Doshea3 wrote: »
    Bren, dear, we will fight to the death to be Greatest Contemporary Ensemble Ever. We have an amazing name, and we don't even really exist. How utterly postmodern.

Sadly, I don't play anything except keyboard things. But best of luck.

Well, I'll happily steal your name if you're not using it - I'm rubbish at names. Considering you said 'we', I'm assuming you already have members - how'd you like a piece? [/self-plug]

If I told you our name I'd have to kill you. Though a piece...now that's an idea...any instrumentation you like! We're more an idea than an actual ensemble. As I said, postmodern.

A postmodern piece then, yes?

Go into a dark room and drink a glass of coke for five minutes.

And that one's free. (Although, strictly speaking was written by a lecturer of mine during the course of a lecture.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Another of Martin's brilliant ideas, yeah Bren?

*walks away sniggering*

Buy I jest. You got anything for solo strings, Bren?

• Advertisement

You know it's a year ago since Monday us three had that fateful trip to the NCH? Ah, memories.

A nice postmodern piece for violin with no strings, played with a sausage on the end of a red-hot poker.

banquo wrote: »
    Another of Martin's brilliant ideas, yeah Bren?

*walks away sniggering*

Buy I jest. You got anything for solo strings, Bren?

I've got a short piece for string quartet, but I hope to write a full string quartet before the end of the year. If you can get it performed, then I'll get to it right away.
    You know it's a year ago since Monday us three had that fateful trip to the NCH? Ah, memories.

Yeah...how is it I haven't seen either of you since then? We must meet up and do something musical.

There could be pretension :)

Exactly what I was thinking...we need some pretension! We shall meet in the next couple of weeks when I'm sorted with a new house and a new job and am no longer chasing my tail. Excellent idea. We could even discuss contemporary music and utter postmodernism.

Exactly what I was thinking...we need some pretension! We shall meet in the next couple of weeks when I'm sorted with a new house and a new job and am no longer chasing my tail. Excellent idea. We could even discuss contemporary music and utter postmodernism.

Indeed. It'll have to wait for me to get my life equally sorted, or it'll be a postmodern meeting, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

A nice postmodern piece for violin with no strings, played with a sausage on the end of a red-hot poker.

Ah, yes. Concerto for french horn and bicycle pump.
    I know a bit about classical recording and front of house for same, would love to get involved if I can. Could put left hand of mix through a distortion pedal and send the right hand side to a telephone on it's own in a field in meath. Need to get my art on...
    Would love to help though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement