Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airsoft Informational Wiki Site -- www.irishairsoft.info

Options
  • 21-08-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

As mentioned a few weeks ago on this board (well, the main airsoft board), I (with help from several other content contributors, you know who you are) have started up an informational wiki for people who want to get into airsoft. Most of the structure of the site is done, and now all we need is content!

The site is at http://www.irishairsoft.info/ -- this is freely editable by anyone (I've turned on the option that requires you to have an account to edit, to encourage people to register, but will turn this off next week).

As mentioned before, the website is not-for-profit, and does not allow advertising of any kind (in fact, the hosting I'm using specifically forbids using the site for commercial purposes). Site and shop owners, feel free to update your info, but try to keep it factual (i.e. no "Ireland's BEST airsoft shop/site" plz). The people who contribute to the site (including myself) don't and won't make any money from it, and it's neutral of site, shop and team.

Any questions, comments, requests or suggestions, please fire off a mail to admin@irishairsoft.info. Special thanks to DrPepper for the logo and Lethal for contributing by far the biggest metric shedload of content.

Have fun :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

nice

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All the credit goes to you Dave, you built the framework for the whole thing.

Any of ye gun nuts that have a few minutes to spare the gun overviews are lacking. Click their names on this page to go to their overviews. If you would like an example see the Steyr AugA1 page here.

Get typing,
    Simon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Great idea folks! Well done.

I'd give some info but i know less than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colin n

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

colin n wrote: »
    <snip>

If you're looking to advertise a site, please PM the moderators for information on the commercial user subscription.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Uh, it's about a printing company?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Baza210 wrote: »
    Uh, it's about a printing company?

They [IrishAirsoft Info] just got spammed (edit: and apparently have been for quite a while ... ), if you check the front page history. The single biggest benefit to a wiki site is also its single biggest flaw in reliability of content; namely that anyone can edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yep, I haven't had a chance to go over the site in a while.

Edit: have cleaned up a bit and installed recaptcha to keep the spammers away. should be better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Is this still up? All I'm getting when I try to load it is a blank page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Is this still up? All I'm getting when I try to load it is a blank page.

SScock.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Ah, but of course. :rolleyes:

It should be up. I'll take a look at it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Site is down again?

Yep, some sort of server upgrade made it not work. I don't run the server it's on.

I'm actually not bothered fixing it -- nobody was editing it but me and it was more bother than it's worth.

Advertisement