Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband Abroad -O2, 3 or Voda?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Am looking at getting mobile broadband for travellin abroad.

I have fixed residential Magnet at home and its up to 4MB and very fast (Dublin).

I will be travelling to France, Spain & Portugal on work over the next year and will need mobile broadband on my lap top.

My options seem to be:

1. Vodafone: €30 per month (€15 for 1st 3 mths). €69 for Modem. No speed or download max mentioned on website

2. O2: €20 p.m. €49 for modem. 10GB. Speed 7.2Mbps

3. 3 Mobile: €20 p.m. €49 for modem. 10GB. Speed 6Mbps

O2 looks the best. Does anyone know what might be the best for abroad?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

nikeyk wrote: »
    Am looking at getting mobile broadband for travellin abroad.

I have fixed residential Magnet at home and its up to 4MB and very fast (Dublin).

I will be travelling to France, Spain & Portugal on work over the next year and will need mobile broadband on my lap top.

My options seem to be:

1. Vodafone: €30 per month (€15 for 1st 3 mths). €69 for Modem. No speed or download max mentioned on website

2. O2: €20 p.m. €49 for modem. 10GB. Speed 7.2Mbps

3. 3 Mobile: €20 p.m. €49 for modem. 10GB. Speed 6Mbps

O2 looks the best. Does anyone know what might be the best for abroad?

Thanks a lot
    Correction :
    Voda 3.6 and 5G cap

3 are cheap for roaming AFAIK.

Advertisement