Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericson W580i problems.

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if there are other people out there who are having problems with their SE w580i.

The problem with the phone began a little while ago when the screen started crashing/freezing. The problem became worse and worse and soon started to

Freeze
    Turn Black with or without the backlight flashing
    Screen flipping i.e. mirroring itself
    Screen squashing into the top third of the screen and duplicating itself when the menu button is pressed

This could have happened up to 20 times a day and could be fixed by turning the phone on/off

i even updated the software over the net. didn't work

I sent it away to get it fixed but it came back the same as it was sent off.

Just getting some feedback from other people on this would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

sounds like a bad handset
    i'd be looking to get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Why is it three times and i get a new one. doesnt the law say that im entitled to a replacement or refund after the first repair?

i know three other people close to me that have had the exact same problem, several times and even with a replacement phone too. not to mention the buttons cracking but thats for another discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have this phone since last Christmas, and apart from the buttons cracking which i got a replacement for, everything else has been grand!

Advertisement