Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Sky First Time

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of finishing off my new house and i want to get sky. As we are only just moving into this new house we havent got an eircom phoneline in and i dont plan on getting on for some time as i manage perfectly with mobile. I know you can get the ordinary sky package if you dont have a phone line by paying a once off fee. Does anyone know what this is?
    Also, is it possible to get Sky+ without a phoneline by paying a once off fee?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yesterday I got sky plus installed with no phone line. Paid 37.50 extra but didn't mind as will get it back from the old refer a friend and also got free sky plus box with an ad in the sunday world a few weeks back. Installed at 4 pm yesterday but as of 8 am this morning still no proper service just the english fta channels. If it's not sorted by the time I get home today I will call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Hi Sweetie

Thanks for your reply :D

So I can get Sky+ installed without having a phone line installed :D:D:D Happy days. Did it take long from you ordered it until they came yester?
    I have been thinking about getting sky this ages but decided to wait until we moved into our new house which is taking longer to move in than thought :rolleyes: I dont know what packages to go for. What are the most popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it would have taken about 6 or 7 working days but I delayed it by another week. I just took the basic entertainment and the style and culture (for the missus) for 22e a month. Saving a tenner on what I was paying NTL.

Advertisement