Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to earn a €30 All4One Gift Voucher??!

Options
  • 20-08-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm writing an article for Irish teen magazine Face Up and need to chat to a student who has had braces about his/her experience. I will form our conversation into a short profile which will be included with my article and I need a pic! I've got a €30 All4One voucher for the right person, so if you're interested please message or reply back asap.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

€30 - you're taking the piss yeah? :pac:

My aunty actually subsribed me to Face Up and I read it most months. Some of the articles are quite good and the proverbs are cool too. Although, that article with Usher - Behave.

Unfortunately I'm only going into 6th year now so you won't be able to avail of my knowledge, wisdom, humour, intelligence, likeability and attractiveness. Sorry. :)

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hollym

Yeah - €30! Is that not a good offer? ;) I'm not necessarily looking for a Leaving Cert student - just anyone who has had braces and is willing to share their experience with readers of the mag. You interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

disssco wrote: »
    Boooooooooooooring. Unless the brace-faced student managed to achieve 600 points while simultaneously kicking a nasty heroin habit I doubt anyone will read it.

Sorry but I'm just being honest. You'll need to use your poetic lisence here - a lot!
    Yet more evidence to suggest that 'ADD' is in fact real. :pac:
    hollym wrote: »
    Yeah - €30! Is that not a good offer? ;) I'm not necessarily looking for a Leaving Cert student - just anyone who has had braces and is willing to share their experience with readers of the mag. You interested?
    Lol NO! I don't think many 17 year old lads would be up for that tbh Holly!

As I said in the pm, try Purplefistmixer, Piste and Turgon if you're not getting any responses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Does 4 month with a retainer count?

:pac::pac::pac:munny munny munny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ehh, I had braces when I was 12/13, I can barely remember it, except that apples were out of the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lol I never had braces.

Also I'd never be caught dead in Face Up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Ha I'd do this for the laugh if it wasn't for having to have a picture taken! Had braces for 2.5 years now with no end in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

I never had braces but for the sake of the voucher I'll pretend I did, once I don't have to go anywhere for an interview and that it's done online or over the phone.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Face up is a nice magazine.

banjopaul wrote: »
    Ha I'd do this for the laugh if it wasn't for having to have a picture taken! Had braces for 2.5 years now with no end in sight.
    Jaysus that's miserable. Only had mine for about a year if I can remember...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Jaysus that's miserable. Only had mine for about a year if I can remember...
    Ah ya get used to it after a while I suppose, the first year with them was the worst because I'd a very big/awkward retainer, and I couldn't speak properly at all with it! But it kept me quiet at least!:pac: Always got me out of having to reading in class too, the teachers would last about a sentence of my reading before asking someone else!:D
    Just have traintracks now, only thing I mind is no pocorn/apples/toffee/cheap chewy sweets!:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

what's face up? a braces magazine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Everybody I know gets into that "what's your opinion?" thingy in face up, but I never do. Am I not interesting? face Up makes me feel bad about myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

A €30 voucher for a life-time of slagging and misery. In years to come people will read Face-Up magazine and snigger at your braces.

You just know "someone" :rolleyes: is gonna post that article up on boards when its published and invite a torrent of abuse

Wow, who would be so childish to slag someone else over having had braces? I'm completely serious, most people grow out of that by the time they're what... 15. Maybe I'm just privileged to have friends that aren't idiots, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Face Up? What the Hell is that?

All4One? What the Hell is that?

Braces? What the Hell is that?

€30? Can I have it for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Davidius wrote: »
    Face Up? What the Hell is that?

All4One? What the Hell is that?

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

face up is religious propaganda:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah no that's a bit much, only SOME of it is religous propaganda, not all the articles are.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

how does everybody know this magazine and not me??

• Advertisement

We were given it during SPHE class once. Possibly religion. One of them "now girls, drugs education, AGAIN" classes.

Advertisement