Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astroturf football?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just moved to Roscommon for work.Are there any astroturf pitches around or teams needing a (very casual) player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think there is an astroturf pitch in Athlone if that's any good to you, but I'm sure they could be one closer than Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

There's a new one just built in Hawthorn Drive just outside the town. Its been built by the county council and im not sure if its up and running just yet.

Theres also an indoor hall for soccer at the bowling alley on Lanesboro Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Thanks,will spin down to Hawthorn drive and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

there one in newbridge. its about ten to 15 mintues from roscommon. its owned by the local team shiven rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Castlerea as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dukey

there is one in lecarrow village at St. Johns athletic grounds just at the back of the yewtree restaurant

Advertisement