Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saitek AV8R-01 problems

Options
  • 20-08-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not a problem so much as a niggle, my AV8R isn't as smooth to move as it should be. When flying it tends to move in little jerks if I need to move the stick very little. Centering is fine and overall it's a good stick (the big twin throttles are fantastic), but I'm wondering how to get rid of the problem. Here's a photo:

AV8Rfront.jpg

As you can see, centering and tension is spring-based, the main spring seen presses down on the plastic plate and provides tension. I'm wondering if taking it apart and shortening the spring might help. I've tried oiling the plate - it's fine for a bit and gets worse as the oil dries. Any ideas?

Advertisement