Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta fee up by 80% ?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Is the fee for setanta set to rise from €10 p.m to €18 p.m accross the board or is this increase just with some service providers?

The reason i ask is because magnet have informed me that it is set to increase by that amount soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

you got full package? As in Setanta Sports Pack – 11 channels ?
    Cost of that on satellite platform is €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Is the fee for setanta set to rise from €10 p.m to €18 p.m accross the board or is this increase just with some service providers?

The reason i ask is because magnet have informed me that it is set to increase by that amount soon

Setanta went up from €18 to €19.99 a month a while back. Was never €10 afaik.

I never received notification of price increase so rang to cancel and they dropped my subscription to €9.99 per per month for 3 months. I was toying with the idea of Sky HD so thought I'd cancel Setanta and use the money for the HD sub so again, rang Setanta in June to cancel, and they have cut the cost to €7.50 per month until next January.

Amazing what 2 phone calls can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

LarWright wrote: »
    Amazing what 2 phone calls can do!

Yes, they'll get at least £52.50 out of you before you can cancel. ;)

Yes, they'll get at least £52.50 out of you before you can cancel. ;)

True, but for 6 months, €45, compare that to what I would have paid! €119.94??

I'll watch the Premier League, Internationals and LFC TV so why not!!

I have noticed small print on their new TV ads that says "60 Day Cancellation Policy Applies" so must remember to cancel in late October for December!

Haven't gone for Sky HD yet tho. Hate the fact you have to pay "installation charge" when all they do is deliver the box and swap your old one! Hardly brain surgery. Fair enough if I had standard Sky and not Sky+ with new LNB and cables needed... but nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LarWright wrote: »
    charge" when all they do is deliver the box and swap your old one! Hardly brain surgery. !

MAybe not, but the guy isnt a volunteer.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    MAybe not, but the guy isnt a volunteer.

Who said he was?? My point is, why can't I go into Dixons or Currys or wherever, pay €149 for the HD box (as an existing Sky+ subscriber) and swap it myself? Or even phone Sky and get one delivered for €20 by DHL of FedEx etc...

I just think it's a bit rich considering the subscription cost too!

Advertisement