Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The First 100K New Houses in 15 Years

Options
  • 20-08-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I see that 10 semi detached houses sold in Sligo at 100K each about 2 months ago, according to a property developer that I know there.

Is this the start of relatively cheap housing? These certainly must be the cheapest new houses in ireland for the last 15 years?

What are the cheapest new houses in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Where they the apts facing onto a beach if i remember right?

Sounds as though price was way too high and unsellable and developer needed the dosh for the bank hence the 100k price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

what was sold for 100k? house, apt 1/2/3 bed?

In Letterkenny you'd get a new build 2 bed house for 150k, maybe less. Dont know of any new apartments sold in the area lately, so cant say.

Sellers are still in denial up here, two neighbour's houses on sale, one for 175k and one for 205k. Both turn-key finishes with the same stuff in both. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Well there's an entire estate of semi-d's for sale at 70k in loughrea I think. Not sure exactly what town it was cos was half asleep in passenger seat at time but sign outside estate said all units 70k...(Bank forced developer to sell)

Advertisement