Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What house are Steve & Michelle in?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi,

Did I miss something in Corrie? The other night when Michelle came home from the gig Steve was waiting up for her with a bottle of champagne - but who's house were they in????? It wasn't the pub living room!

First I thought it was Lloyds house as Steve was staying there but why would they be there if they're back together. Anyway, Lloyds place looks different.

Then last Monday night when Maria 'went through to the back' they showed herself and Michelle in the new place, but there were scenes in between showing the old living room.

What's going on???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

is it not the flat that michelle lived in before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

No I don't think so because I think she gave that up when she moved in with Steve. And it wouldn't really make sense to just go back there anyway - what's weird is they said nothing about it - they just appeared there!!

http://forums.itv.com/thread/738858.aspx

Found some info here - apparently it's a flat upstairs in the rovers that's 'always been there'

bit stupid really. Especially since there was a recent storyline about Michelle, Steve, Liz, Vernon and the kids all living together and not having enough space - surely they could have used this 'secret flat' at the time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Never heard the flat in the Rovers mentioned before.

Exactly - cos it wasn't!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

This is typical of the producers of Corrie, it was the same when they changed the layout of Ashley and Claires house when the stairs moved beside the front door.

If this flat has always been there then why do they cook and eat downstairs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

nothing is ever as it seems in soapland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    This is typical of the producers of Corrie, it was the same when they changed the layout of Ashley and Claires house when the stairs moved beside the front door.

That sort of stuff tends to happen a lot when you move house. You've forgotten that Ashley/Claire did a house swap with Kevin/Sally a few months ago. :p

Never heard the flat in the Rovers mentioned before.

The flat I think has never been shown before, but I do believe it has been mentioned/referred/implied in the past.
    My recollection is that Dougie Ferguson used to rent it to Toyah Battersby, when he was landlord at the Rovers and she a barmaid. I believe it was to this flat she was returning, following a date, at the time of her rape back around Spring of 2001.

duridian wrote: »
    That sort of stuff tends to happen a lot when you move house. You've forgotten that Ashley/Claire did a house swap with Kevin/Sally a few months ago. :p

LOL I meant a few years back before the fire!

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    The flat I think has never been shown before, but I do believe it has been mentioned/referred/implied in the past.
    My recollection is that Dougie Ferguson used to rent it to Toyah Battersby, when he was landlord at the Rovers and she a barmaid. I believe it was to this flat she was returning, following a date, at the time of her rape back around Spring of 2001.

Toyah never lived in the Rovers, at the time of her rape she was going home from work in the Rovers to her bedsit and she was raped by the fella who lived next door to her that had become obsessed with her, Jason found her and brought her back to the Battersbys and he was a suspect at one stage.

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    Toyah never lived in the Rovers, at the time of her rape she was going home from work in the Rovers to her bedsit and she was raped by the fella who lived next door to her that had become obsessed with her, Jason found her and brought her back to the Battersbys and he was a suspect at one stage.

Sorry, not trying to be a smarta$s, but Toyah definitely lived at the Rovers for a good while.

August/September 2000:
    http://www.corrie.net/updates/episode/2000/0008.html
    Sunday 27 August...Toyah realises she cannot live on fresh air and realises that Leanne's departure leaves a vacancy....

http://www.corrie.net/updates/episode/2000/0009.html
    Sunday 17 September ...Vinny briefs Duggie on events during his absence - with Toyah moving into the Rovers. Vinny did not seem to know that Toyah was even a tenant...
    (Tenant in this case referring to her former tenancy at Dougie's flats, where yes, her future rapist had lived next door.)

December 2000: Toyah living at the pub
    http://www.corrie.net/updates/episode/2000/0012.html
    Wednesday 27 December....The interviews for the Rovers Return Manager are about to begin. Linda reminds Mike that a "slapper like Liz MacDonald" is NOT what's required. Toyah asks Natalie to put in a word with whoever gets the job to ensure that she can continue living in the pub...

April 2001: Toyah still living in pub
    http://www.corrie.net/updates/episode/2001/0104.html
    Monday 9 April...Toyah finds the back room of the Rovers a mess again, after the poker game, and tells Duggie that this is her home. He say that it's his too, and she knows what she can do about it if she doesn't like it...

Advertisement