Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dine for 12.50 in M&S

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

It starts on thursday!

one main course meal for two
    +one side dish for two
    +one desert for two
    +one bottle of wine

all for 12.50 euro in M&S
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

are you for real? that sounds too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its real .. they run it every couple of weeks/months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

excellent, its back again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

great stuff:D:D:D

got 2 loads of it last time

The cooked chicken in the offer was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Do M&S have a restaurant:confused: This is a great offer but i thought they only had a cafe in town. How long does this offer last for:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Do M&S have a restaurant:confused: This is a great offer but i thought they only had a cafe in town. How long does this offer last for:confused:

It is a sort of ready meal type situation. You buy the products and then bring them home yourself and cook them.

It is very good value and an excellent alternative to an evening out given that the bottle of wine on its own sells for 8 euro or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

happy happy days. lets go stock up... great offer. an ordr in the local chippie is nearly that for 2 these days without any drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mmm,

got a chardonnay, shiraz, two asparaguses (asparagii?:confused:), lamb moussaka, 2 chicken breasts with sauce and 2 twin creme brulees with free ramikins in the IFSC at lunch

happy days

bill would have been 43 and change

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

...and don't forget if you get 6 of the offer you get an extra discount off the wine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

the offer is going to be finished by sunday.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Still going yesterday (Monday) in my local M&S....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Does anyone know if this is still going today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Why don't they do a similar offer for us non-drinkers out there? Its not fair..I tell you its not fair. What if you were allowed to get several bottles of pop/juice to the value of the wine?!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

muckety wrote: »
    Still going yesterday (Monday) in my local M&S....

Probably because Monday was a bank Hol in the UK.
    lindtee wrote: »
    Why don't they do a similar offer for us non-drinkers out there? Its not fair..I tell you its not fair. What if you were allowed to get several bottles of pop/juice to the value of the wine?!!!

In the last offer they had Juice (2x1L) as an alternative, I think the price for the juice was €4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Somebody that I know who works in M+S told me that this offer won't be back as under the Govt's new off-license rules it is illegal to do any specials that include alcohol.

So M+S won't be able to offer the bottle of wine anymore.

How ridiculous is that???:confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

nava wrote: »
    Probably because Monday was a bank Hol in the UK.

In the last offer they had Juice (2x1L) as an alternative, I think the price for the juice was €4.50.

Cheers for that information. Was in there monday-pity I didn't know that then!

I overheard your woman at the till telling she who was availing of the offer that the offer runs all week(at least I think I heard that)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

woooo232 wrote: »
    Somebody that I know who works in M+S told me that this offer won't be back as under the Govt's new off-license rules it is illegal to do any specials that include alcohol.

are you sure, that's bizarre, they and loads of other shops are still having specials on wine all the time, like even the 10% off for six bottles or more or a regular 25% off sticker on wines in the multiples.

If this was the case, they could still surely say the offer was on the discounted food when you pay full price for the bottle of wine in the promotion.

I agree with restrictions on alcohol but, if this is true, this country is getting stranger and stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

You could get 2 litres of pure valencia orange juice instead of the wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭baldbear

Nice!!!! Wonder can you pick any wine you like? or is a few only selected wines???;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

baldbear wrote: »
    Nice!!!! Wonder can you pick any wine you like? or is a few only selected wines???;)

Only 1 brand, they have White, Red and Rose choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The new Liquor Law is already in effect...so I dont think you are right on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Absolute rubbish. The new off-licence rules only affect the hours between which alcohol can be sold. If you go into an off licence or supermarket tomorrow there are plenty of specials on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

gilbert wrote: »
    It starts on thursday!

one main course meal for two
    +one side dish for two
    +one desert for two
    +one bottle of wine

all for 12.50 euro in M&S
    :D

Like I said

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361849

banchang wrote: »

Gilbert did post three days before you :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redhead123

Tried the offer out the other day, was lovely

Salmon, potatoes, triffle and a bottle of wine!!

Thanks for the tip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Got two of these the other day for €25, which other wise would have cost €44. Great value. It's worth getting in there early though, as this sells out fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Has this offer ended?

MC

eh, yeah, about a fortnight ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've been in a few time looking for this offer, I heard it was a new offer each week but thanks for posting this update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement