Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website error page problem Urgent:)

Options
  • 19-08-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi there, need to get this fixed tonight as im going away tomorrow morning and this needs to be fixed!

The site www.carlowbiblechurch.com will work perfectly if you using firefox, but if you try it with internet explorer, it will load the page for about a second then change to an error 404 page.

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

any ideas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is there anything in your htaccess which may be causing it?

Is this site done using a CMS? If it is then possibly the header being sent is giving wrong information. Heres something similar which might help you - see the posts by Adamrbrown

hi there, no not using a cms as such, using cushycms, which is a tag driven management system. But even the pages that arent using that wont work. Theres no php as well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What about your htaccess file??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I uploaded the page to my server and it works fine in Internet Explorer,

Test the page off-line and then go through a process of elimination!

• Advertisement

If the page works on Namesco's server then you should check your htaccess and make sure you dont have anything in there that shouldnt be after that then as he suggests go through it bit by bit.

Hi thanks, ok the problem isnt with any of the coding it seems as it works perfectly on ie7 offline. What should i be looking for in the htaccess?

Well post up whats currently in it would be easier to see if something is there that shouldnt be.

rite so, cant seem to find it, where exactly should it be? Im using digiweb starter hosting for the site.

woohoo, i deleted my custom error 404 page, and now its working! It must of made it a default page for the site in the htaccess file. Random, buts thanks everyone for your help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's a file called .htaccess (note the full stop). It should be in the root of your webiste (i.e. where you have the index.html file that first pops up when your site is visited).

ya something must have been tripping it and causing the 404 to kick in, Firefox tends to skip over some errors soit wasnt being diverted. Ah well problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yep, looks just fine now from Safari, Opera, Firefox and IE7

lol thanks man:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

few spelling mistakes, calender and worhip on the calendar page :o

Yep, i noticed those! Thanks tho

Advertisement