Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review a few pages :: Thanks ::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ok I took a look through them all ... and one thing struck me ...

They all feel very early template monster ish ...

Sorry (its harsh) ... but I'd prefer to see final coded version as there are always things that change. (well at least for me there are) so things can end up looking better as the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

It's ok.. I know i'm going to get bad feedback,, I have a problem finishing templates.. Looking for the feedback to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Is this is for a portfolio you're putting together?

I agree with forbairt. There's a lot pictures of designs with many of them looking very similar to others and none of them looking finished.

It gives me the impression that you're going for quantity over quality, starting design after design without having the commitment (ability?) to complete any of them.

For the one's you've listed as being "Fully coded using CSS", is there a reason you're linking to the jpg and not the coded version?

If you're looking to improve your skills I'd say stop "just making PSD's for now" and concentrate on taking one of these designs to a stage where it's a fully workable website. Some of the designs looks to be a perfectly good start - but a lot can change once you use loose the Photoshop layer effects and Lorem Ipsum.

If you're using these for a portfolio I recommend going through it and picking out a handful of the best, get rid of the ones you know yourself are no good.

(em, I was going for a helpful "good start, but how about..." tone, as opposed to a "it's rubish!!" tone. Not sure which one came through :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ok ... going further on this ... you're looking for feedback from stuff you've done a year or two ago aren't you ?

(I seem to recall you asking the same question a while back or am I mistaken?)

Really I think you should be asking about the design you coded today ... which is ok .. but the contrast is rather harsh and I wonder if you couldn't improve on the type in it.

asking for feedback on 12 designs is just plain silly .. unless its a case of which one do I choose from these 3 that Ive done.
    (Which is pretty much what Michael said)

Get yourself a project to work on ...
    Ask for feedback on it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Yup, these are more like mockups as opposed to designs. So it's a bit like looking at a car from behind a barrier as opposed to being able to kick the tyres and fiddle under the bonnet. There also visual mockups. E.g. what is the Lorem Ipsum going to be replaced with for an ISP or for some other unrelated business. When putting a site or design together you've also got to step out of your own shoes and into the shoes of the business your working with and the shoes of their target market. Don't just think of designing pages, do something like take the yellow pages, choose random page and random entry and do up a design for that.

my quick 2c

• Advertisement
Advertisement