Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Critique

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I am new to webpage designing and this is my first webpage.

www.fastforwardproductions.ie

I have no idea about SEO, can anyone tell me what I can do to make this page higher in the ranks, It is just up and any advice would be great.

Regards

Dylan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

First off your homepage <title> tag should be changed to either your company name or a term you want to rank for. The title tags are what appear as the link to your site in Google so even disregarding SEO you still need something more descriptive for humans.

You should also use header tags and try to use keywords that you want to rank for here also. Remember that the type of header tags you use are important. try to only use one <h1> tag where you will place your most important keyword. Then you could have a few <h2> tags and then even more <h3> tags. Never have just loads of <h1> tags.

Also, try and use the keywords you want to rank for in the text on your site. Don't overdo it though, maybe once every 5 lines or so depending on how much text you have on the site.

The most important thing for ranking well is having google quality links pointing to your site. Links from sites with related content to yours are most beneficial. Also, the text used in the links to your site are important so try and use the keywords you want to rank for.

On another note, some of your homepage text is overlapping the white box on the right when viewed in firefox so i'd sort that out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dylan Murphy

Great thanks for that.

Can you give me a little bit more info on editing the html with the title etc....

Regards

Great thanks for that.

Can you give me a little bit more info on editing the html with the title etc....

Regards

I dont know what you mean by this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dylan Murphy

I dont really know html at all and Im looking to see where to enter in the tag etc...

Thanks

What html editor are you using? Dreamweaver? Your homepage already has a <title> tag on it but it just say's "index". Just change the text from "index" to whatever you want the title to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MyClondalkin

What html editor are you using? Dreamweaver? Your homepage already has a <title> tag on it but it just say's "index". Just change the text from "index" to whatever you want the title to be.

Dylan is using software from Apple http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/iweb204.html ( I think ? )

Dylan somewhere within that software, look for something related to either meta tags, site name/title or keywords, more then likely, settings like that are bunched together, somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Banana man is dead right, linking is very important but content is just as important. One quick and easy trick i found was to research relevant keywords. When you do this, either write or get someone like on www.rentacoder.com to write articles.

Original content ranking really well. Try and submit these to good article sites, saying you will only give the article to them in turn for a back link. Try and actually only give it to them as search enginges HATE [FONT=&quot]duplicate content. Link these articles to pages deep on your site as well

Hope this helps
    [/FONT]

Advertisement