Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing digital in rented accommodation

Options
  • 19-08-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Soon to be first time renter here. I was just wondering is it a problem to install digital/broadband into rented appartments?

I know Sky is awkward with the dish etc but is NTL done through cable?

Anyone have experiences of landlords saying no?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think they'll have any problem once it doen't cost them anything or cause any hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

PCros wrote: »
    I know Sky is awkward with the dish etc but is NTL done through cable?!
    There's a strong possibility that a standard Sky install will be out of the question, as putting up an external satellite dish is often against management company rules. Some people will ignore these rules, but it's probably not advisable.

Sky have started to advertise "shared" connections for those in apartments, might be worth looking into:

http://www.skyinyourapartment.ie

As for NTL, many modern apartments come pre-wired, so it may simply be a case of subscribing using the existing cable connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

Yeah Sky is too messy.
    I want the NTL with broadband.

The place has a TV point so does NTL run in throught that into a decoder?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

PCros wrote: »
    The place has a TV point so does NTL run in throught that into a decoder?
    That should work fine. However simply because you can receive NTL TV, doesn't necessarily mean you can get NTL broadband. Last time I checked I found that their broadband service was very limited - it wasn't available in many places close to Dublin city centre, for example. Not sure if things have changed since then.

Advertisement