Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft prices what's going on

Options
  • 19-08-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm using the property-bee tool to track changes on daft and I noticed some strange behaviour,

The prices are yo-yoing, does anybody know what's going on?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd imagine the seller is just trying to generate interest. Nice tool that btw, must install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"motivated seller"? A tad odd alright, might be just testing the water for the search results. Y'know so it will appear in a certain price bracket. But so frequent after a few days (the shortest being 1 day, longest a week) very odd indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I see it's no longer charming either!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are "bumping" their ad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Hi,

I'm using the property-bee tool to track changes on daft and I noticed some strange behaviour,

The prices are yo-yoing, does anybody know what's going on?????

How and where do you get the property - bee tool ? Will it work with windows ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

testicle wrote: »
    I see it's no longer charming either!

2 bed council houses in Crumlin have always been charming, in a dickensian way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

How and where do you get the property - bee tool ? Will it work with windows ?

Yes it works with windows. You need to have Firefox / Mozilla browser installed (www.mozilla.com) and then you download it from http://property-bee.com/downloads/property-bee.xpi and then just look at daft normally

property bee does the rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i havnt manged to get property bee to work since you had to register . It always says its unavailable at the moment

i miss it ...

there is an option to not register (which basically means you dont share info on properties you view)

otherwise if you sign up for an account on their forum http://property-bee.com/forum/ and enter your forum login details on the registration then jacks yer aunty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

I am getting this error too, this yo yo effect. Looks like a Property Bee bug, I installed the latest version but it's still happening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Works fine here, its an invaluable tool, some of the shenanigans sellers are up to are amazing, such as jack up the price 40k for a few weeks and then drop by 30k and then advertise as PRICE DROP 30K, limited offer, buy now before someone else snaps up this bargain..etc etc

I definately would sign up, as if you dont you only get to se the changes you discover over time browing, wheras the registered version connects to a database called a "bee" which registered users automagically update as they browse daft, rightmove and various other property websites and the result is as the OP posted.. Its all rather cool.

I'm running 2.0.3.0 btw.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sadie9 wrote: »
    I am getting this error too, this yo yo effect. Looks like a Property Bee bug, I installed the latest version but it's still happening...

Its not an error, its a deliberate policy by agents and sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

No it can't be, in some cases maybe the agents are putting the price artificially high and then having a massive price drop a while later. And I know a lot of agents also edit their ads to refresh them on a daily basis so that Daft will record 'activity' for that property - sometimes they send these 'activity' reports to clients.
    This is too consistent and is something to do with the database re-recording and then correcting the same price drop from a previous version (or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sadie, its more simple than that, all it does is record the property price on any given day, thats it. Refreshing etc has nothing to do with it.
    I think people just are not used to see the messing that goes on behind the scenes here sometimes.
    Most properties that are changing in price do fall in a linear fashion..but some are obviously chancers trying to give the impression of a "bargain"..kinda like furnature shops that have "sales" on 365 days a year.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

supercell is right. it's gas the carry on I've seen on daft. as a soon to be buyer it's also handy to see who's panicked.

we've shortlisted 2 properties. 1 of them has dropped the price every 2 weeks knocking a total of about 70k off the price. We'll prob stick in a bid underneath the current asking as well

Advertisement