Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veneering a wooden dash on a classic car

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, can anyone tell me whre to get the dash for a daimler 250 V8 veneered? The Daimler is exactly the same type of car as the Jag MK11. I have thought of sanding it down with a fine sandpaper and varnishing it but I don't want to make a total balls of it. Any ideas?smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Hi WrecklessE,

best suggestion I can make to you is remove the dash from the car if possible then to strip off the old finish with Nitromorse using wire wool (metal pot scrubber) then refinish with satin varnish.

If you have to get new veneer you'll spend quite a bit of money getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

I did a job on a veneered dash years ago (burr walnut veneer on a ply substrate); stripped it with Nitromors and fine steel wool. I left it into a kitchen sprayer to have it refinished but they made a bags of it (runs and drips all over the place). I ended up rubbing it back and finish it with some lacquer applied by hand. The result was very acceptable.

Advertisement